As mining is a key area of opportunity between Australia and Mexico, ANZMEX is collaborating with AUSTRADE in order to promote the Australian mining sector at the Expo and to help build / expand commercial relationships for the benefit of all. In addition to a number of Australian mining companies already active in Mexico who may be attending Expo Minera independently, there will be a group of seven or eight Australian specialist mining technology and services companies attending the event as part of an Australian stand.
Some of the activities at the Expo which we believe will be of interest to Australian companies, and companies wishing to connect with Australian companies include the following:
Australian Pavilion - 16th - 19th October – Mundo Imperial stand 132
- a focal point for contacts, networking and distribution of promotional material
- all members and friends attending the Expo are encouraged to drop by and meet the team
- it is also possible that promotional materials for companies unable to attend the Expo could be distributed by the Austrade team
- Australian Educational Institutions - Austrade will be pleased to incorporate promotional materials relating to specific mining programmes.
Austrade Welcome Breakfast - 08:10 - 11:15 - Wednesday 16th October – Hotel Grand Mayan, Salon Azul- Playa Diamante
- the focus of the breakfast will be to welcome the visiting Australian companies and to give them a broad overview of the dynamics of Mexican mining sector.
- members of the ANZMEX Mining group lead by Jorge Sanchez Davila will facilitate discussions covering topics such as legislative updates, fiscal reforms and market potential
- please contact us if:
- you would like to attend this breakfast briefing
- you have suggestions as to useful contacts (i.e. potential clients) for these companies who could be invited to this and other events
- you have material you would like to contribute to our information package for these companies (our plan is to load this information to our website as a permanent resource for the mining sector)
Canadian Embassy Cocktail Party – Wednesday 16th October –Mundo Imperial – Canadian Embassy stand
- welcome cocktail party for members of the Canadian and international community.
Official Opening of the Australian Pavilion - 12:00pm- Thursday 17th October - Mundo Imperial stand 132
- Ambassador Tim George and Mario Cantu, General Coordinator of Mines, will officially open the Australian Pavilion, followed by a networking cocktail
- all members of ANZMEX are welcome to attend this event
Austrade VIP Dinner - Thursday 17th October – Invitation
- Ambassador Tim George will be hosting a private dinner to permit high level access and networking opportunities with key decision makers in the Mexican mining sector
Register and find all the details about the Expo using this link: http://www.expominmexico.com.mx
As you are aware, Acapulco was hit heavily by recent tropical storms and has suffered a lot of damage to the road and water infrastructure. We have confirmed with the organisers of this conference that it will proceed as planned. As some areas of Acapulco have been hit more heavily than others, we recommend that you reconfirm your accommodation and transportation plans for this conference.
We would encourage you to support the relief efforts being coordinated by the Amistad Britanico-Mexicana by following: http://britchamexico.us4.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=2b3e223648bbf75bff792e581&id=4cd60380a5&e=43f6c2b643