Find out what our member Semillas has been working on during 2014!
SEMILLAS is an organization that works with women groups and leaders with the common goal of improving the status of women in Mexico.
As the only women's fund in Mexico, SEMILLAS works with women who want to change the conditions of inequality that women face for example:
- Indigenous leaders working to prevent maternal mortality
- Maquila workers requesting equal pay for equal work for men and women
- Indigenous women who defend their right to own land
- Housemaids seeking to have their work recognized like any other
- Activists working for women´s right to decide whether or not to become mothers
- Indigenous artisans forming cooperatives.
El Semillero - Quarterly Newsletter March