AUSTRALIA BUSH FIRES – RAFFLE RESULTS AND HOW TO HELP?
AUSTRALIA BUSH FIRES – HOW TO HELP?
1) The raffle has taken place. Thanks to all of you, we were able to donate 15,000 AUD to Wildlife Victoria. Click HERE to see the receipt.
This was an initiative led by Bridget Rutherford, CEO of the Australian-Mexican company Wax Revolution.
Alongside other ANZMEX members and led by Bridget we organised a raffle to support the wildlife injured in the devastating fires in Australia recently. The raffle took place at THE ANZMEX WELCOME NEW YEAR BAEBECUE© 2020 last Sunday 26 January.
The money raised, a total of 15,000 AUD, went to Wildlife Victoria. If you want to know more about this organisation go to https://www.wildlifevictoria.org.au/
The following is the list of prizes and winners:
- One certificate for 12 months worth of waxing services donated by Wax Revolution
- Winner: Mario Cruz – Ticket number 0331
- One certificate for 12 months worth of threading services donated by Wax Revolution
- Winner: Tonatiuh Felipe Ruiz Gurrea – Ticket number 1199
- One skincare set donated by Maëlys Skincare
- Winner: Eva Margarita Padrón – Ticket number 0091
- Two certificates for mani/pedi donated by Hand Lab
- Winner: Uberto Lona – Ticket number 1603
- Winner: Darius Forghani – Ticket number 0470
- Two gourmet food canisters donated by Delirio
- Winner: Natalia Vejar – Ticket number 1368
- Winner: Rowit Klucznik – Ticket number 0040
- Two dinners for two people at Casa Virginia donated by Mónica Patiño
- Winner: Carlos Rello – Ticket number 0498
- Winner: Rodolfo Vejar – Ticket number 1377
- Two bottles of Penfolds, Australian wine donated by ANZMEX
- Winner: Lizette Neme – Ticket number 1700
- Two sets of jewelry donated by Destino Australia
- Winner: Emilio Braune – Ticket number 0516
- Winner: Elle McPherson – Ticket number 0169
- One ticket for a slime workshop for 4 children (valid age 4 years +) donated by Art Club CDMX
- Winner: Kevin O’Brien – Ticket number 0069
- One Mexico City Pamper Pack donated by Jenna Mayhew Psychology
- Winner: Jessica Butler – Ticket number 0108
- Three phone saver kits donated by Movil Tec
- Winner: Fiona Ross – Ticket number 0311
- Winner: Ingrid Berrrios – Ticket number 0399
- Winner: Maria Bermudez – Ticket number 0143
- One bottle of Tequila Reposado donated by Tequila Tromba
- Winner: Isabel Mabela Rufino – Ticket number 0886
- One Mezcal kit donated by la Mezcacleta
- Winner: Jacque Gutiérrez – Ticket number 1676
- One sports kit donated by Amplifica Capital
- Winner: Jonás Rocha – Ticket number 0398
- A professional cocktail class for 6 people at home donated by Bar Tailors
- Winner: Kelli Elizondo – Ticket number 0107
- One Ipad Air donated by Natalia and Finn Vejar Brown
- Winner: Darius Forghani – Ticket number 0466
- Two Bolivian alpaca scarfs donated by Kalinka Daroca from Aymara Alpaca
- Winner: Geraldine Pugh – Ticket number 0336
- Winner: Ángela María Álvarez Castro – Ticket number 0838
- One rebozo donated by Rhonda & Robert Jones
- Winner: Luis Pinto – Ticket number 1703
- One hour photo organising session donated by Patricia Pulido from Patricia Pulido Photography and Films
- Winner: Simon Hanna – Ticket number 0612
- A piece of Mexican Pottery donated by Judy Kim from PASKWARHO
- Winner: Karina Adame – Ticket number 1620
2) What to do if you wish to directly donate or assit other efforts dealing with the bush fires that affected Australia?
On behalf of the Australian Embassy in Mexico.
The Australian Embassy in Mexico appreciates your concerns and support regarding the bushfires affecting some regions of the country. These fires are unprecedented and while Australia is prepared, well organised and well resourced, the rapidly escalating damage and the heart-breaking human cost calls for nothing less than an all-out response.
The Australian Government will continue to deliver further assistance to the states, as they battle these devastating fires, to help protect lives, ensure fire affected communities are well-resourced and functioning, and evacuations can be affected quickly and effectively.
A number of people have contacted the Embassy to ask how they can help. While the Australian Embassy in Mexico is not requesting assistance of any kind, people wanting to help can provide financial donations directly to emergency service agencies or to various charities such as:
- The Red Cross: www.redcross.org.au
- The Salvation Army Disaster Appeal: www.salvationarmy.org.au
- St Vincent de Paul Bushfire Appeal: www.vinnies.org.au
- Wires (injured animals): www.wires.org.au
- NSW Rural Fire Service: www.rfs.nsw.gov.au
- Country Fire Association of Victoria: www.cfa.vic.gov.au
- South Australia Country Fire Service: www.cfsfoundation.org.au
We thank everyone for your kind words and offers of support
Embassy of Australia in Mexico